- Officially supported openSUSE Leap releases and Tumbleweed
Execute the commands below in a root shell.
Packages are available from the official repositories:
- tlp – Power saving
- tlp-rdw – optional - Radio Device Wizard
Install them either with your favorite package manager or the command:
zypper install tlp tlp-rdw
Depending on your model and kernel version external kernel module(s) are required to provide battery charge thresholds and recalibration.
The output of tlp-stat -b (version 1.2.2 or higher recommended) will guide you which package to install:
- acpi_call – optional – External kernel module providing battery charge thresholds and recalibration for newer ThinkPads (X220/T420 and later) - Download acpi_call
- tp_smapi_kmp – optional – External kernel module providing battery charge thresholds, recalibration and specific tlp-stat -b output for older ThinkPads - Download tp-smapi
- Refer to Which kernel module do I need for my hardware? for details