What does TLP stand for?¶
TLP is not an acronym, it’s just a three-letter name.
Features excluded from TLP intentionally¶
- Backlight brightness: this would conflict with existing desktop functionality such as the GNOME power manager
- Fan Control: third party tools exist, thinkfan for example
- Hooks for arbitrary user scripts: support reasons speak against it
- ThinkPad battery balancing i.e. selecting the active battery: the Lenovo firmware offers no way to do this, neither manual nor automatic
- Undervolting for Intel Core i CPUs: there’s plenty of third party tools