TLP – Linux Advanced Power Management
TLP is a power management tool for Linux. It brings you the benefits of advanced power management without the need to understand every technical detail.
TLP does not replace but enhance the existing power management of your Linux installation. TLP applies it's settings upon system startup and on every change of the power source.
TLP packages are available for Arch, Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, openSUSE and Ubuntu. You're welcome if you want to package TLP for other distributions. Please take a look at the developer documentation.
- TLP Linux Advanced Power Management – Installation instructions and user documentation
- TLP Configuration – Complete settings reference
- TLP FAQ – Answers to frequently asked questions
- TLP Issues – Issue tracker at github
- TLP Developer Documentation – Reference for developers and package maintainers
- master – Release version at github
- devel – Developer version at github
- Frugal Work, Erik Bärwaldt, Linux Magazine International 12/2011 – Review
- Baixo consumo, Erik Bärwaldt, Linux Magazine (Brasil) 01/2012 – Portuguese version of the preceding review
- Trabajo frugal, Erik Bärwaldt, Linux Magazine (Spain) No. 82 – Spanish version of the above review
- Improve Power Usage / Battery Life In Linux With TLP – Review at WEB UPD8
- Use TLP to Optimize the Power Consumption In Ubuntu– Review at RefuGeeks